In 2008, Ford Motor Company reorganised, using what is now known as the “10 strategic operations areas.” It was part of the company’s turnaround, and enabled the organisation to be more flexible and survive the financial crisis without taking government bailouts. Toyota, Google and Jet Blue are also known for using the 10-area system in all of their business activities, and it is used across industries as a guide to operations management. Can these be used for People Operations?
In this table, I have taken the “10 strategic operations areas” of business and applied them to People Operations.
According to Ford, these 10 areas can be applied to any size business, not just global giants such as Ford and Jet Blue. So, realistically, these could apply to your organisation.
I would be really interested in your thoughts on these areas for People Operations. Could you apply these in your People Operations area? If not, why not? Is there something missing?
To download this table in pdf format, click here.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
TalentAlign works with HR to fast-track their knowledge, skills and processes to not only support Agile Transformation, but to actually help facilitate it. We offer:
- Agile HR Professionals Mastermind – Learn and implement Agile HR in a group for quicker and better outcomes—for Solo HR Professionals or HR Departments
- Agile People Coach – Agile HR transformation in the same way that IT was so successful. Copy success—don’t reinvent the wheel!
- Agile Organisation and Role Design – Define structures and roles for flexibility while maintaining integrity in an Agile environment
- Agile Career and Competency Management – Retain your top skills. Career Mosaics based on Competencies so people can decide on their own career—but still within the organisation
- Agile Performance Management – Performance Management that actually leads to improved organisational performance with long– and short-term goals
Contact us</> at to find out how we can work with you to implement Agile HR in your organisation.