Organisation Effectiveness in the New Way of Working
Unlocking Organisation, Teams and People Potential to Respond to Change
A wave of change is happening in our world that is making the “way we work” almost unrecognisable today – and no-one knows where it will be tomorrow. Organizations are having to pivot and strategise, adapt and change in new ways.
TalentAlign OD is a new style of Agile OD facilitation / coaching / consulting partner, redesigned for a world where constant change, complexity, and uncertainty are the new normal.
The Transformation Challenge
Is your organisation facing, or in the process of, one or more of the BIG FIVE transformations impacting businesses today?
- Digital Transformation – using digital technologies to create new — or modify existing — business processes, cultures, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements
- Agile Transformation – transforming an organisation’s form or nature to one that can embrace and thrive in a flexible, collaborative, self-organising, fast changing environment
- Business Model Transformation – rethinking and reforming how organisations create value, and will create value in the future
- Remote Worker Transformation – enabling and empowering people to work efficiently and effectively from remote locations as a critical enabler of business and economic continuity
- HR Transformation – rethinking the way of working and organising of the HR function that facilitates responsiveness and adaptiveness of activities and structures, and enables operational HR processes to become automated and data-driven.
Each of these transformations needs an organisation that is capable of learning and adapting fast enough to get it done.
TalentAlign OD helps organisations meet this challenge.
As a business leader, owner, manager, HR consultant, or committed employee, you need your organisation to run as well and efficiently as possible. A good way to achieve this is through focussed Organisation Development, otherwise known as OD.
Could your organisation benefit from:
- Higher efficiency and increased productivity?
- Improved success rate of change initiatives?
- More flexible roles that enable the organisation to be more dynamic and responsive?
- Performance Management that ensures future performance rather than looking back at past performance?
- Careers that inspire and attract and retain the best talent?
Agile OD is one of the instruments that can help get you there and TalentAlign OD can assist you on the journey.
We have, over the past 16 years, helped many organisations improve retention, engagement, and attract the appropriate skills by introducing modern Organisation Development ideas and systems
To create workplaces, remote or in-office, where people and the business grow and thrive together, to become their best and highest selves.
TalentAlign OD specialises in working with organisations looking to move from surviving to thriving in this fast-changing world. We understand that lasting change requires changing individuals, teams, and the systems that shape how they interact.
We see our work as helping business leaders and their HR partners with Strategic Organisation Development and Change.
Our Solutions include: (to learn more – click on one of the headings below)
Organisation Capability MaturityAssessment and Modelling
More effective transformation management by knowing where to start, what to do next – and why!
Presenting essential “people”-related data for times of change, competition, and rapid growth
A new and different approach to Organisation Design and Structural Agility
Defining the building blocks of the Reconfigurable Organisation
Lack of career opportunity is the No 1 reason that people leave organisations today
Processes and tools to enable performance – especially in times of organisational growth
Assisting leaders and managers to adapt to the New Ways of Managing
Skills to enable and empower leaders to successfully manage a remote workforce – now and into the future
Ensure sustainability of the OD interventions and achievement of goals
How to use Agile principles and practices in OD and HR and throughout the organisation.
What is Organisation Development?
“Organisational Development (OD) is a critical and science-based process that helps organisations build their capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness by developing, improving, and reinforcing people strategies, structures, and processes”
“OD is the practice of planned, systemic change in the processes, beliefs, attitudes and values of employees for individual and organisational growth.”
The purpose of OD is to enable an organisation to better respond and adapt to industry/market changes and technological advances.
There’s a good chance you’re already doing some OD work without even realising it. If you’re creating great teams and giving them the conditions in which to thrive, and tweaking your systems to improve their effectiveness or resolve problems – that is OD work. But real OD needs to be Strategic, not tweaking.
What is Agile OD?
Agile OD uses short, iterative innovation processes, focused on the creation of value and the priorities of the organisation. It compresses years of learning in just a few months, accelerating the transformation via integrated agile teams, massive collaboration as a value creation model, and putting the emphasis on the development of transformative leadership and the adoption of agile methodologies and new digital ways of doing business
Agile OD in Practice – How we Work
When working with you we follow a typical iterative, collaborative process.
Based on Lean Change Management principles, our process is set up to answer the key change management questions:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to go? And why?
- How ready are we to get started?
- What practical steps do we need to take?
- How do we manage the journey?
- How do we keep moving forward?
- How do we avoid mistakes?
Objectives of Organisation Development
The most common objectives of OD for a business are to:
- Make changes to the strategy, structure and/or process of an entire system of an organisation, department, work group, individual role or job
- Manage planned change in a flexible way to allow further change in the future as new information becomes available
- Institutionalise change to reinforce and make change sustainable, and ultimately
- Improve organisational effectiveness.