Everyone wants to know what the top IT jobs are – for both career and remuneration purposes. What are the “hot” top IT jobs for 2012 and 2013? If you’re an employer, the top IT jobs are generally in scarce supply, and demand the highest remuneration. If you’re a practitioner, you want to know what the top IT jobs are for your career management.
There are many surveys that took place during 2012 that tried to inform the list of top IT jobs. Although there are some differences, the similarities between the findings means that these really are the prospective top IT jobs for 2013.
Interestingly these 10 top IT jobs also fall within the Top IT Job Trends and key focus areas for CIOs for 2012 and 2013 which are:
- Mobile 2.0
- Big Data
- Social Media
The jobs listed below are in the top IT jobs both in terms of demand for the skills, and in terms of increases in compensation – which is understandable when “demand” exceeds “supply”.
So … what are the 10 top IT jobs for 2013? They are:
- Software Engineers, especially Java and Mobile Application Developers.
- Telecommunication Specialists, specifically Wireless Network Engineers.
- Network Engineers, specifically Network Security Specialists and, believe it or not, Network Administrators.
- Analysts, with specific demand for Data Analysts, Data Modellers, Business Analysts and Systems Designers.
- Data Management jobs, especially Data Warehouse Managers, Database Portal Administrator, Data Analysts, and Data Modellers.
- Web Developers, especially at the more senior levels.
- Business Intelligence Specialists, specifically Data Analysts, Data Modellers, BI Analysts, and Data Scientists.
- Architects, especially Business and Network Architects
- Technical Support Specialists – especially technology and application specialists
- Project Managers
So, if you are recruiting for these positions in 2013, expect longer lead times to find and select the right people for your organisation – and expect too to have to pay above the average.
If you are an IT practitioner, you now know what develop you may need to make yourself eligible for these positions.
Of course wise Human Capital Management will be putting career and development paths together to minimise this risk of longer lead times, reduced productivity, and above average remuneration.
For assistance in designing Career Paths for these top IT jobs, contact us now.