Why is Workforce Architecture relevant to the modern organisation?
The reasons that modern, high-performing organisations are carefully crafting and developing a Workforce Architecture are:
- It improves organizational performance and ROI by linking job requirements to organizational goal
- It empowers employees and increases retention by providing clear understanding and expectations of their roles
- It support all HR practices by providing a common and integrated foundation
- It enables the strategic planning and development of an effective workforce for both current and future needs.
What is Workforce Architecture?
A Workforce Architecture is a “blueprint” of how organisations intend to invest in and support their Human Capital assets. This involves establishing the framework – that is the structure, outcomes, roles, categories of roles, competencies, goals and KPIs, and rewards – that will form the foundation for effective Talent Management.
A properly defined and detailed Workforce Architecture enables organisations to mobilise their Human Capital investments and effectively link Human Capital to business and functional strategies.
Workforce Architecture is the first step in shaping talent strategies and understanding the strategic capabilities of the people who comprise the business. It is a way to consider how the various segments of an organisation’s workforce may be managed differently to reduce costs and ensure needed skill sets.
The artefacts relevant to an effective Workforce Architecture include:
- The Organization’s Strategy
- Human Capital Strategy
- Organisation Structure
- Processes and Outcomes of the Structure
- Roles that Perform the Processes and Produce the Outcomes
- Identification of Core and Critical Roles
- Competencies – Functional, Business and Behavioural – needed to deliver the Processes and Outcomes
- Goals and KPIs to achieve Organisation Strategy
- Rewards for Successful Performance.
TalentAlign’s tools, training and support will help you to:
- Interpret Organization Strategy and create an effective Human Capital Strategy
- Build a structure capable of delivering strategy and offering clear career paths and growth
- Map competency and skill requirements
- Create Role Profiles
- Create Competency Profiles
- Identify core and critical roles and competencies needed to drive organisational strategy
- Define goals and KPIs for effective Performance Management
- Evaluate rewards that encourage high performance.
To learn more about how TalentAlign can help you to create an effective Workforce Architecture, contact us.