Today, with Digital Transformation and organisations “Going Agile”, the imperative to have defined career paths based on Competencies becomes even more of an imperative. In fact, Career Pathing is the No 1 retention strategy for most organisations today.
“Going Agile”, or Lean Management, means that organisation structures are even flatter. Instead we have autonomous, self-managing teams. And within these teams, members are now expected to perform more than one role. Specialisation is no longer desirable. And the more roles that a team member can perform, the more valuable they are to the organisation.
It is more important than ever before, to have career paths based on Roles that are defined by Competencies, so that employees are able to develop skills and perform the roles needed within teams and the organisation. This is one of the many factors influencing the need for an organisation to embrace well-defined career paths based on Competencies. Other factors are:
- Inability to find, recruit and place the right people in the right jobs
- Employee disengagement
- The need for greater workplace flexibility
- Lack of diversity at the top
- Multigenerational workforces
- Limited opportunity for advancement in flatter or smaller organizations
- Organizational culture change – as in “Going Agile”.
After our Career and Competency Management program you will understand:
- What are Competencies, and what constitutes a “Career”
- Why is a Career important for IT people
- Understand the different ways to structure careers
- Understand that a Career Structure is NOT an Organisation Structure
- Understand the difference between a Competency Dictionary and a Competency Framework
- The importance of objectivity for Career Development
- How to work with Competency Dictionaries and Competency Frameworks
Not only that, but with this knowledge in place and with our Accountability Coaching you will get:
- Better Return on Investment in people
- Improved employee engagement
- Reduced risk of key staff leaving
- Lower separation costs
- Greater productivity
- Skills when you need them
To find out how you can drive retention and build the skills you need tomorrow starting today, fill out the form below and we will get back to you asap.