TalentAlign (“TalentAlign” or “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our privacy statement and explains what we do with the personal information that we collect from you on www.talentalign.com. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding personal information and how they affect you as you use our features and services. This statement discloses our current privacy practices; if we make material changes to these practices, we will announce them and notify you via email.
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding our privacy statement or practices, please contact us.
This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information does TalentAlign gather about you?
- How does TalentAlign use your personal information?
- How do we use “IP addresses” and “cookies”?
- Will TalentAlign disclose any of your personal information?
- What kind of security measures do we take to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure?
- Will TalentAlign use your information for direct mailings?
- How can you deactivate your account or correct or revise information that we have about you?
- How do we respect children’s privacy?
- Does TalentAlign participate in the Safe Harbor program?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
What Information Does TalentAlign Gather About You?
TalentAlign collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service, and more interesting and appropriate information. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our Web site, or if you sign up for special or personalized services, such as our discussion boards or email newsletters. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by TalentAlign and/or our partners. We sometimes conduct surveys as well, although you do not have to respond to them.
If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend’s email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to visit and register with our site. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
We collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our sites so that we can improve our sites and our users’ respective experiences. For similar quality reasons, we use a feature known as a “cookie.” Cookies contain bits of information that websites transfer to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, the cookie does not tell us who you are. Only you can tell us that. We discuss cookies later in this Privacy Statement.
When you place an order for a product or service, all financial transactions are made through PayPal, so we don’t collect any information such as credit card details.
How Does TalentAlign Use Your Personal Information?
TalentAlign collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most professional experience possible. In short, by knowing a little about you, TalentAlign can deliver more relevant content to you.
We conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour based on the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we’ve received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, simply opt-out of the next newsletter we send you.
How Do We Use “IP Addresses” and “Cookies”?
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet, so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with TalentAlign, post a message, or buy something from us.
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems.
- Assessing and maintaining system security.
- Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it.
Cookies are used on our sites in the following ways:
Will TalentAlign Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
TalentAlign will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individual users, except as described in this Privacy Statement. With the few exceptions that we explain here, we do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information to our advertisers, although we may provide aggregate information. We may also disclose aggregate information (for example, information showing that 2000 of our readers clicked on a particular Web banner last month) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
As for individually identifiable information, we may disclose it only under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent, which we don’t usually ask of you.
- If you sign up for a special offer from a partner, for instance our “Special Offers” areas, or whatever we call them if we change their names), we will provide your individual contact information (for example, name, mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number), so that the partner can fulfill the special offer. Once the partner receives the information, it will handle the information under its own privacy policies. Obviously, if you do not want a particular partner to have your personal information, then you should not sign up for that partner’s offer.
- If you sign up for a service that relies upon third parties for important elements, we will provide your personal information to the third parties so that they can provide you with their services, and those companies will treat the data under their own policies. We will tell you about these service providers at the time you sign up for the service.
- We may disclose information to selected partners, under nondisclosure agreements, only for the purpose of marketing TalentAlign co-branded offerings (such as a TalentAlign newsletter published by another company). Those partners will be able to use the personal information they receive from us only for marketing the co-branded offerings, not for marketing anything else.
- If you buy something from us, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your Paypal account, if applicable. We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site). We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so that it can get your order to you.
- If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, TalentAlign will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached. The email address you give us will appear on the “From” line of the email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email. Similarly, if you send email from our site, by using “Reply to Author” or “Email this Post,” your address may appear as the return address of that email.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of TalentAlign, or to protect the safety of TalentAlign, our users, or others.
- We employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content (such as portfolios), performing list analysis or management, or sending mailings for us. These parties are all subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with TalentAlign.
- If TalentAlign is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
What Kind of Security Measures Do We Take to Protect Your Information From Accidental Loss or Disclosure?
TalentAlign is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers. Further, the personal information you provide when making a purchase is protected by the PayPal system. We do not have access to that data.
Personalized areas of our sites, such as My TalentAlign, are password-protected. Only you have access to these password-protected areas. Do not share your passwords with anyone. TalentAlign will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our site.
Upon your request, we will remove your personal information from the website but we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Usage rights and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Will TalentAlign Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with TalentAlign or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you newsletters and “Special Offers” that may contain information about our various products and services, or other information, products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can Unsubscribe on the next newsletter. We’ll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can.
Please note: If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
How Can You Deactivate or Reactivate Your Account or Edit the Information We Have About You?
This is only applicable to My TalentAlign Subscribers. If you want to correct or change information in your Personal Profile, or any other tidbits we have about you, there is a facility available in the My TalentAlign area of the website. Either you will be able to make your changes right there, or we will give you instructions.
If you want to make changes to your paid member subscriptions or free trials, please email us.
Please note that if you have opted out of receiving emails and other communications from us and you subsequently select to receive one of our free reports or take a free trial subscription, you will need to opt out again if you still prefer us not to contact you. Otherwise, we may contact you using the email address you provided us at the time you signed up for the free report or offer.
How Do We Respect Children’s Privacy?
Our site is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
While we do our best to protect your personal information, TalentAlign cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? Just as in the real world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
If you follow links from our site to others, you should be aware that you are doing business with those other sites, which have their own privacy and data collection practices. TalentAlign has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies (and we may not even know what they are). For more information regarding a site and its privacy policies, check that site.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will give notice of any material change (or any notices that we are required to give you) on our websites and/or in email messages.
Last Updated: 28th March 2013
29 High Riding Estate
Sir Lowry’s Pass