Strategic Workforce Planning is a management process used to plan for future labour needs, changes and challenges. It examines the current workforce and takes a strategic look at what the future workforce demands to develop a human resources plan of action.
Strategic Workforce Planning involves identifying, assessing, developing and sustaining employee workforce skills required to successfully accomplish business goals and priorities while balancing the needs and expectations of employees. Through this process, organizations gain insight into their workforce capacity and labour needs so they can make strategic human resources decisions and take purposeful, timely action towards developing their people. Essentially, strategic workforce planning is identifying gaps between the labour demand of an organization and the available workforce supply, leading to strategies used to close those gaps.
Our workforce planning model includes the following:
- Identify Skills and Competencies needed to deliver Business Strategy
- Identify where these Skills and Competencies exist in the workforce and how many
- Research the external supply and demand for these Skills and Competencies
- Conduct a Workforce Gap Analysis
- Develop a Strategy to ensure Skills and Competencies are available as and when needed.
We also assist with the development of strategies to build employer branding to ensure a steady inflow of high calibre new entrants.
Contact TalentAlign to facilitate the development of YOUR Strategic Workforce Plan CLICK HERE