Managing the Transition from HR to Human Capital Management
The purpose of this website is to assist those who are wanting to transition to effective Human Capital Management.
HR is NOT the same as Human Capital. Human Capital Management adds two different dimensions that were previously not present in HR management, namely:
- Workforce Architecture, and
- Workforce Analytics
HR Management is essentially about managing the Employee Life Cycle. This remains as important as ever and most HR people will want to stay in this field. Human Capital Management adds to Employee Life Cycle Management and is about understanding, measuring, and managing the value that the workforce adds to organizational value.
So, this website is for:
- HR Managers, Consultants and Business Partners who are wanting to transition to Human Capital Management, and
- Line Management who need to manage the contribution that their team makes to Organizational Value.
We do this by:
- Helping you to build a Workforce Architecture that is able to sustain all phases of the Employee Life Cycle
- Providing information and a repository for Job and Competency information and management
- Providing an evidenced-based Competency Framework linked to the Job information
- Guiding, through Coaching, the development of your Human Capital Strategy Plan
- Providing current thought-leadership information in our IT/HR Guru Blog and in the IT/HR KnowledgeBase
- Providing training through our webinar series on making the move from HR to Human Capital Management.
We hope that you find the information here useful and informative, and we look forward to a long and continually developing relationship with you.